What are those bottles in our art kits for?!
A VERY fun art AND science project to do during any rainy day: “LAVA LAMPS!”
WHAT YOU NEED:
+oil (can be mineral/ baby/ OR a cooking oil)
+food coloring (choose any color!)
+fun tiny objects, glitter, etc. (to sprinkle inside your bottle) * ONLY a little!
1. Sprinkle or drop your tiny objects/ glitter/etc inside your bottle.
2. Add about 1/3 oil into your bottle (if you have a little funnel, even easier!)
3. Fill the rest of your bottle with water (leave a tiny bit of space at the top)
4. Add 3-6 drops of your choice food coloring. What happens?!
5. Seal your bottle tight. Flip your lava lamp slowly back and forth to see it go!